Monday 22 February 2016

Olajumoke Orisaguno... there is more to it than chance!


The story of this beauty queen and now big time model, Olajumoke Orisaguno is awe-inspiring. But what inspired me is definitely different from the many views and comments I have read about her. I analysed this with a friend who encouraged me to share my thoughts.


A transformation that pounced on 'Jumoke without notice even to her. From street hawking to modelling and stardom. Wow! Hers is a story that has undoubtedly increased the faith of many who now pray for 'Jumoke’s type of miracle and frankly speaking, why not? She is now the "talk of the town" and has also graced a few foreign tabloids. You want a perfect definition of a sudden transition from "grass to grace"? Olajumoke Orisaguno fits best.


So, how can we possibly describe this status shift? Chance right? She was in the right place at the right time. That’s what many think.


I don’t disagree with these thoughts. But a second look at the picture where she had her merchandise placed on her head (shared here) tells me there’s more to it than just chance.


Olajumoke was well-packaged. Come on, most of us know how some of the bread ‘agege’ hawkers look. Many times, we even deliberately and patiently wait for the next person who hopefully would look neater before making our purchase. But the 27 year old Jumoke was not shabbily dressed or dirty. Did anyone notice her hair-do? Her hair-do, dress, footwear, though in-expensive looked clean and put together. She did look attractive, healthy, fashionable, interesting and happy.


I would say she was indeed ready and qualified for her ‘chance’, her 'lucky break'. For her level, she was on point.


She is sure a model and the studio photos got me musing. ‘Maybe I should have some photo sessions myself (just for the fun of it). They would be awesome! Someone definitely agrees with me on that’. Now back to 'Jumoke,  I love the transformation! Oh! she looked so graceful in those pictures. (some shared here)


My heartfelt congratulations to Olajumoke Orisaguno. Many thanks also to the heroine, TY Bello, who unveiled the charm in the young woman, whose identity might have remained unknown and story untold.







23 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this new twist to the story!!!
Short but on point! Kudos!

Lawrence and Anthony PM said...

Great piece. I initially held this point of view also until I saw the unedited picture and video. The picture TY Bello posted had been photoshopped and edited. It was indeed a case of time, chance, and God's grace.

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Thanks!

Princess said...

Hi Bisi, I can confidently say we are both thinking the same way.
Her sudden rise to fame is sure a planned one. Trust Naija, we will soon hear the real story

Unknown said...

Well done Bisi... This a lesson for all not to look down oneself & to put up the best in wherever/whatever situation we find ourselves. Preparation met with opportunity at the right time for Jumoke..

Anonymous said...

Nice one Bisi, preparedness meet opportunity that's luck

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Thanks Paul!

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Thanks! You are very right. I saw the unedited picture too and for her level? I think she was on point!

Anonymous said...



Nicely put together. I hadn't seen nor read anything about her prior to reading this article. It's such an inspiring story. You may want to add a link to this article on where to go on for more about her and what she's currently up to. Well written piece! Dojtop

Anonymous said...

...plus I actually did not know you could write so well. More power to your elbow. Dojtop

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Thanks Biodun for the encouragement!

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Lol! Nice Princess,our great country Nigeria! No matter what, we will not stop loving and believing in her. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks Bisi, seriously I was of the opinion that it was all about the editing not until I saw the original shot. For me it's all about appearing at the right place at the right time, timing not disputing the fact that the packaging also is something to apply in whatever/wherever we find ourselves. #teamjumoke check the French dailies my. From nothing to something

Unknown said...

A time to plant,and a time to pluck up that which is planted... All well said about her...Nice piece, got me reading over and over again...

Anonymous said...

Nicely put, 'Bisi. Also, while waiting for your miracle, don't forget to be someone else's miracle. ---Eniola Funmilayo Kazeem---

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Thanks siz

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Thanks siz, 'Jumoke sure has a lot going on for her right now. From run way to cover girl, modelling and I think she's now a motivational speaker - she was invited to deliver a motivational speech at Transcorp Hilton, Abuja on Feb.20th (I hope you chuckled at that too).

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Awwwh... Thanks Gideon dear

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Exactement Funmi! Vrai. Merci beaucoup

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Thanks!

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Thanks for sharing the newspaper article with me 'Tunde. 'Jumoke in a French newspaper? I found that interesting.

Adeyemi Adewale said...

Great no matter ur situation packaging is important,u never know if ur t.y.bello is arnd d corner. By the way don't u think ts also the other way round,i got thinking I knew t.y bello from "KUSH" and "the land is green",jumoke's picstory has launched her into global recognition as well, I didn't even know she was the personal photographer to the former first family of Nigeria, Goodluck yet it took a Jumoke to shoot her to limelight...Mercy oooo

Adebisi Adeyemi said...

Very well said 'Wale. Thanks! Your point sure makes solid sense... I also didn't know TY Bello was a professional photographer. It appears it's a win-win situation for both parties.